Official Astro Ranch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to play since update

4 posters

Go down

Unable to play since update Empty Unable to play since update

Post  Brightest-Cyan Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 am

I enjoy Astro Ranch, but since the update i cant effectively play anymore. The game freezes when i try to upgrade on the main screen ALSO it will freeze when going to sleep. On the upgrade, accessed from the main screen it freezes displaying "downloading updates" ultimately crashing and exiting the app and going to the app screen. When going to sleep the window displaying days remaining is showed but no other choices are displayed next to the buttons, pressing them makes a "keyboard typing sound" but no action happens, then i have to close the app with the home button as there is nothing else to do.

I use a 3Gs
i powered down and back and crash is repeatable.
I am unnaware of any background apps running

Brightest-Cyan

Back to top Go down

Unable to play since update Empty Re: Unable to play since update

Post  paul@tag Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:40 am

Check the other thread.

This is a known issue and has been addressed. Just waiting on the DLC approval. Sorry for the inconvience... we hope to have you farming again very soon!

P

paul@tag
Tag Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  fjmb68 Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:48 am

But when will resolved this problem?

Please, quickly, the game is very addictived

Sorry for my English, but i learned long time ago.

Thanks for the game from Madrid, Spain.

fjmb68

Back to top Go down

Post  Brightest-Cyan Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:46 pm

The fix suggestion, letting it wait on the main screen for a few minutes then exiting then opening the app worked.

However i was really disappointed with the price of $9.99 for unlimited, that is simply too high. I will offer $4.99. Negotiate the price please.

Brightest-Cyan

Back to top Go down

Post  GenDeathRaiser Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:30 am

This game rocks, I had it before they did the update and while it was all buggy and didn't know I was premium I just bought the game again anyway. It's simply too good to be without, it's not so much that it's a ripoff now as it's that it was a bargain before.

There's definitely some things that I hope they work on though, and I sincerely hope they don't treat this as a game that doesn't need to be expanded upon.

For instance why would anyone pay for new clothes/carpet/etc when:

1) You can't ever link up multiplayer and visit anyone or have anyone visit you, even if it wasn't on your farm and just in a public marketplace or something.

2) You can't even take photos of your guy to show to your friends, so the DLC as it stands is completely garbage content.

But I mean $10 is nothing and I'd literally be throwing money at them if they kept adding new things.

I'd pay $5 to just get this fucking gross swirly default stone path the fuck out of my farm so I can actually make some symmetrical fields without having them look like shit with a path cutting through them.

I'd pay another $10 to see actual friend/lover/family abilities.

And another $10 for a town to put them in.

Anyway what I'm saying here is that $10 isn't much for all the content they have/can inject into this game.

GenDeathRaiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Brightest-Cyan Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:38 am

I am not interested in aesthetics, like the path or clothes and I'm not going to be trading with friends , because i don't have any that play it. $5 for the core game is fair, and they can charge extra for all the extra stuff that would make the game more personalized, to make it more enjoyable for players like yourself.

Brightest-Cyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down