Official Astro Ranch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I cannot name my character

5 posters

Go down

I cannot name my character Empty I cannot name my character

Post  Hailey Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:45 am

When I start the game, I do not get the option to name my character. Instead, after I enter my ranch name, it says "welcome, player_#####!" and the NPCs call me Sindy.

The last patch claimed to have fixed this problem. I'm wondering when it actually will be fixed.

Hailey

Back to top Go down

I cannot name my character Empty Re: I cannot name my character

Post  paul@tag Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:58 am

Hi Hailey and sorry you are having this issue.

It sounds like you have already played a Scoreloop enabled game on your device hence the game recognising this and assigning you a previous ID.

Despite this you can change your name by going to your house and accessing the Astro Browser on the computer. You'll see a button to the right of your name and your ranch name. Tap on this and you get to enter a new name!

Hope that helps.
P

paul@tag
Tag Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Hailey Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:38 am

That worked for changing the name of my save but the NPCs still call me Sindy. I tried deleting my save and remaking it, and now I get the message "welcome, Hailey!" It didn't work though, because according to the NPCs I am Sindy.

Hailey

Back to top Go down

I cannot name my character Empty Yes

Post  greggfrog Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:18 am

Hailey wrote:That worked for changing the name of my save but the NPCs still call me Sindy. I tried deleting my save and remaking it, and now I get the message "welcome, Hailey!" It didn't work though, because according to the NPCs I am Sindy.

That is the same with everyone at the moment, I am still called Max, it is something I imagine Tag Games are working to fix Smile

greggfrog

Back to top Go down

Post  paul@tag Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:25 am

I'm afraid that in game the characters will always call you Max. This is a design decision. If everyone feels strongly that their user ID name should be used in game rather than the character names (Sindy/Max) let us know and we'll look at that.

Thanks

paul@tag
Tag Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  bigguy Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:19 am

i have the same problem, whenver i chane my name it saves it, but then when i load the game it goes back to player_#######

bigguy

Back to top Go down

Post  marcmorr6 Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:16 pm

paul@tag wrote:I'm afraid that in game the characters will always call you Max. This is a design decision. If everyone feels strongly that their user ID name should be used in game rather than the character names (Sindy/Max) let us know and we'll look at that.

Thanks

I would love for my user ID to be my charchter name! Add's a little realism for me Smile

Awesome game overall.. the only change I wish for would be able to purchase stacks of items instead of spamming the BUY key when getting seeds

marcmorr6

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum