Official Astro Ranch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Astro Ranch [FAQ] - As taken from Facebook

5 posters

Go down

Astro Ranch [FAQ] - As taken from Facebook Empty Astro Ranch [FAQ] - As taken from Facebook

Post  ChrisR@fb Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:12 pm

Welcome to the FAQ for Astro Ranch.
All content in this topic has been posted by Chris Riise-Fulton.

1. My game keeps crashing on me! What do I do?
2. How do I fish?
3. How do I pan for gold?
4. My crops are being invaded by bugs and predators! What do I do?
5. My livestock left me a present. How do I clean their pens?
6. There is a needle icon above my animal's head. What do I do?
7. What's with the rocks and craters?
8. I ran out of money, do I have to start over?
9. Can I change my name or ranch name?
10. Where's the good stuff?! Where do i purchase customs for my game?

Q: My game keeps crashing on me! What do I do?
A: There have been numerous reports of Astro Ranch crashing. Generally, it's on Slot 1 which uses the online features including the social features via ScoreLoop and the Online Store. If your game is crashing when trying to use one of the online features, try rebooting your iPhone/iTouch. If this doesn't help, contact support via the email below and report your crash issue. If you are crashing when either loading the world or during the night and it continues every time you start the game, reboot your phone.

Q: How do I fish?
A: Fishing can be confusing and tricky at first. To fish, you first must purchase a fishing rod from Exi, who is located west of your ranch, in which you must cross the bridge to get to. Once, purchasing a fishing rod, equip it and drag the icon over a nearby lake or river. Your character will go into fishing mode. Now, shake your iPhone/iTouch to cast the lure and use the virtual reel, to reel it to a good position. Once a fish comes up to the bait, shake the iPhone/iTouch again to hook the fish. Now reel it in until you have caught it! Depending on your timing, you'll either catch the fish or let it get away.

Q: How do I pan for gold?
A: Similar to fishing, first you must buy a gold pan at the shop south of your ranch. Once purchased, Mayor Flox should take you to a good gold panning site. Equip your pan and drag it to the water. Now, shake your iPhone/iTouch at a reasonable pace to keep the line in the green. Remember though, finding gold is based on luck! even if you successfully time the pan, you may only fine dirt.

Q: My crops are being invaded by bugs and predators! What do I do?
A: There will always be pests entering your ranch and trying to get into your precious food, and there are multiple ways to get rid of them. First off, there are color-coordinated pesticides for your crops if bugs should swarm around them. Purchase the pesticides from the shopkeeper under the "crops" tab. Match the right color pesticide with the right color swarm to remove the swarm, and as a bonus, obtain 10 exp. You can also buy an upgraded peticide (marked with a gold star) that will prevent any swarms from invading your crops for 7 Astro Days.

If a predator, such as a snake, should invade your ranch, purchase a hammer from the shopkeeper under the "tools" tab, equip it, and whack it to chase it away. As a reward, you'll obtain the "Hunter" achievement. To keep pests away from your farm, you can purchase scarecrows and set them up in your crop space.
Note: This doesn't keep insect swarms from invading your crops.

Q: My livestock is leaving me presents. How do I clean their pens?
A: In addition to Spickens leaving you eggs, your livestock will leave you their mess from the food you feed them. To keep your pets healthy, purchase a broom from the shopkeeper and use it upon the pen that needs to be cleaned.

Q: There is a needle icon above my animal. What do I do?
A: Your livestock can get sick over time, and will die if untreated. Purchase antidote needles from the "livestock" tab from the shopkeeper for the designated animal, and use it ASAP. You can also upgrade your needles to keep your stock healthy for 7 Astro Days.

Q: What's with the rocks and craters in my ranch?
A: You ranch, upon receiving it, was left with craters and rocks all over the place! Thanks a lot Mayor Flox! Well to get rid of the rocks, purchase a Hammer from the shopkeeper and drag it upon the rock you want to remove. To get rid of craters, your rank must be at least Lv 5. You can then purchase dynamite from the shopkeeper and blow them up with the swipe of the icon.

Q: I ran out of money, do I have to start over?
A: Safe enough, you do not have to delete all your hard work unless you want to. There are several ways to earn money. Your neighbors will have quests for you every so often which will help earn you money and exp for your ranch. Also, you can sell some items to the shopkeeper to make some extra cash. To help you from running out of money, I suggest purchasing a gold pan and fishing rod early in the game.

Q: Can I change my name, or my ranch name?
A: Yes you can! If you had any intro issues or just are bored of your names, you can use your AstroBrowser in your house to change either your name or your ranch name.
Note: There have been numerous reports of this feature crashing your game. Remember to save your data before testing this feature.

Q: Where's the good stuff?! Where do I purchase customs for my game?
A: So, you want the DLC for your ranch, eh? Well there are two things you must do. First of all, this will not work with jailbroken iPhones/iTouches, might as well not try unless you know a work around. To get to the Online DLC Store, simply enter your house and open the AstroBrowser. click the Online Shop button and it's as simple as that!

If you have any other questions or would like to report a bug/crash, please contact support at:
astroranch@tag-games.com

Last edited by L@Tag on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made it sticky :D)
ChrisR@fb
ChrisR@fb

Back to top Go down

Astro Ranch [FAQ] - As taken from Facebook Empty Re: Astro Ranch [FAQ] - As taken from Facebook

Post  Hailey Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:42 pm

Thanks for this. I think the description of the scarepest should be changed, because the description claims to keep away pests rather than animals.

One other problem. When I change my name it always changes back to "player_#####" the next time I load my save.

Hailey

Back to top Go down

Astro Ranch [FAQ] - As taken from Facebook Empty Re: Astro Ranch [FAQ] - As taken from Facebook

Post  ChrisR@fb Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:39 pm

Hmm.. I haven't really had that issue with the save game.
I had to change my name myself once the v1.1 update came out, however the name did save.
ChrisR@fb
ChrisR@fb

Back to top Go down

Post  diouf Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:29 am

this will not work with jailbroken iPhones/iTouches

Is it the same if I want to buy some O2 or upgrade to premium version?

thanx Wink

diouf

Back to top Go down

Post  Adrian Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:05 pm

I thought the update was supposed to be out yesterday....shit man

Adrian

Back to top Go down

Post  zoro12 Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:01 am

ChrisR@fb wrote:Welcome to the FAQ for Astro Ranch.
All content in this topic has been posted by Chris Riise-Fulton.

1. My game keeps crashing on me! What do I do?
2. How do I fish?
3. How do I pan for gold?
4. My crops are being invaded by bugs and predators! What do I do?
5. My livestock left me a present. How do I clean their pens?
6. There is a needle icon above my animal's head. What do I do?
7. What's with the rocks and craters?
8. I ran out of money, do I have to start over?
9. Can I change my name or ranch name?
10. Where's the good stuff?! Where do i purchase customs for my game?

Q: My game keeps crashing on me! What do I do?
A: There have been numerous reports of Astro Ranch crashing. Generally, it's on Slot 1 which uses the online features including the social features via ScoreLoop and the Online Store. If your game is crashing when trying to use one of the online features, try rebooting your iPhone/iTouch. If this doesn't help, contact support via the email below and report your crash issue. If you are crashing when either loading the world or during the night and it continues every time you start the game, reboot your phone.

Q: How do I fish?
A: Fishing can be confusing and tricky at first. To fish, you first must purchase a fishing rod from Exi, who is located west of your ranch, in which you must cross the bridge to get to. Once, purchasing a fishing rod, equip it and drag the icon over a nearby lake or river. Your character will go into fishing mode. Now, shake your iPhone/iTouch to cast the lure and use the virtual reel, to reel it to a good position. Once a fish comes up to the bait, shake the iPhone/iTouch again to hook the fish. Now reel it in until you have caught it! Depending on your timing, you'll either catch the fish or let it get away.

Q: How do I pan for gold?
A: Similar to fishing, first you must buy a gold pan at the shop south of your ranch. Once purchased, Mayor Flox should take you to a good gold panning site. Equip your pan and drag it to the water. Now, shake your iPhone/iTouch at a reasonable pace to keep the line in the green. Remember though, finding gold is based on luck! even if you successfully time the pan, you may only fine dirt.

Q: My crops are being invaded by bugs and predators! What do I do?
A: There will always be pests entering your ranch and trying to get into your precious food, and there are multiple ways to get rid of them. First off, there are color-coordinated pesticides for your crops if bugs should swarm around them. Purchase the pesticides from the shopkeeper under the "crops" tab. Match the right color pesticide with the right color swarm to remove the swarm, and as a bonus, obtain 10 exp. You can also buy an upgraded peticide (marked with a gold star) that will prevent any swarms from invading your crops for 7 Astro Days.

If a predator, such as a snake, should invade your ranch, purchase a hammer from the shopkeeper under the "tools" tab, equip it, and whack it to chase it away. As a reward, you'll obtain the "Hunter" achievement. To keep pests away from your farm, you can purchase scarecrows and set them up in your crop space.
Note: This doesn't keep insect swarms from invading your crops.

Q: My livestock is leaving me presents. How do I clean their pens?
A: In addition to Spickens leaving you eggs, your livestock will leave you their mess from the food you feed them. To keep your pets healthy, purchase a broom from the shopkeeper and use it upon the pen that needs to be cleaned.

Q: There is a needle icon above my animal. What do I do?
A: Your livestock can get sick over time, and will die if untreated. Purchase antidote needles from the "livestock" tab from the shopkeeper for the designated animal, and use it ASAP. You can also upgrade your needles to keep your stock healthy for 7 Astro Days.

Q: What's with the rocks and craters in my ranch?
A: You ranch, upon receiving it, was left with craters and rocks all over the place! Thanks a lot Mayor Flox! Well to get rid of the rocks, purchase a Hammer from the shopkeeper and drag it upon the rock you want to remove. To get rid of craters, your rank must be at least Lv 5. You can then purchase dynamite from the shopkeeper and blow them up with the swipe of the icon.

Q: I ran out of money, do I have to start over?
A: Safe enough, you do not have to delete all your hard work unless you want to. There are several ways to earn money. Your neighbors will have quests for you every so often which will help earn you money and exp for your ranch. Also, you can sell some items to the shopkeeper to make some extra cash. To help you from running out of money, I suggest purchasing a gold pan and fishing rod early in the game.

Q: Can I change my name, or my ranch name?
A: Yes you can! If you had any intro issues or just are bored of your names, you can use your AstroBrowser in your house to change either your name or your ranch name.
Note: There have been numerous reports of this feature crashing your game. Remember to save your data before testing this feature.

Q: Where's the good stuff?! Where do I purchase customs for my game?
A: So, you want the DLC for your ranch, eh? Well there are two things you must do. First of all, this will not work with jailbroken iPhones/iTouches, might as well not try unless you know a work around. To get to the Online DLC Store, simply enter your house and open the AstroBrowser. click the Online Shop button and it's as simple as that!

If you have any other questions or would like to report a bug/crash, please contact support at:
astroranch@tag-games.com

zoro12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down