Official Astro Ranch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you like/dislike about the game?

+5
L@Tag
chanandler
Yatbox5
greggfrog
CaptainEO
9 posters

Go down

What do you like/dislike about the game? Empty What do you like/dislike about the game?

Post  CaptainEO Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:49 am

Hello all,
Since Astro Farm was announced a year ago, I was patiently waiting for the game. I didn't even have an ipod touch but my girlfriend did. I knew that getting an iphone was in the future for me as I didn't want to be an early adopter so I held out until the 3Gs came out. Nevertheless, here I am playing Astro Ranch and was a Day 1 buyer.

I'm a huge fan of Animal Crossing, but never played Harvest Moon or Farmville (gasp). What I like about the game is that so far I haven't encountered anything like this on the iphone thus far in terms of graphics and gameplay. I was a little skeptic however before the game was released because I tried to follow this game for well over a year in terms of previews.

What I think can be approved on is a better social aspect to the game and more in game items that we can trade with friends instead of just cosmetic DLC. I wish I could collect and decorate my house without DLC. I'm concern with the longevity of the game and hope more quests are added. The game world is really small and quite empty. Perhaps the addition of bug catching? Or pest hunting mini games instead of using a hammer to scare them off? How about cooking our own meals from our crops, adding a hunger bar or something to increase our energy instead of energy drinks? And fishing is really hit or miss, is there any way to set off the vibration when a fish has hooked onto the rod in a future update?

I hope to see a "Pocket God" type of success with this game but we can only get more free updates if the game sells well. By the way, I don't think an In-App purchase for 3Gs optimization is worth it, that should be included in game (was mentioned in an update suggestion by Paul@TAG)

CaptainEO

Back to top Go down

What do you like/dislike about the game? Empty I know what we need!

Post  greggfrog Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:08 am

We need to be able to visit each others craters!

greggfrog

Back to top Go down

What do you like/dislike about the game? Empty Further to Gregg's comments

Post  Yatbox5 Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:48 am

I agree with Gregg....was just wondering whether the pests on the crops could be seasonal? That way, when we deal with the crop, maybe that bug that we encountered could be logged in the book along with the fish. One of the nice things about Animal Crossing was you could develop the museum and donate items you collect....fish, fossils and insects. Are the fish seasonal that are available to catch or does it just depend on the fishing rod upgrades?
Also, because of the loading time between entering and leaving the houses, I tend not to bother. Therefore, I manage my farm without the price listing because I find the effort of checking prices more tiresome then running the risk of selling the items at a low price. I don't even go to sleep at my house, I just run the character until 10pm (sleep time) and then start again when it's 7am and I walk away from my front door. Is there anything that can be done to reduce the load time or make the prices more easily available?
On the other hand, I am loving what you have done with it and I find it really great to play and discovering the characters in the crater.
Oh and finally, is there anyway that we don't have to carry our spade around with us at all times. I don't use it that regularly and it takes up a valuable slot.

Last edited by Yatbox5 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Further note to add :))
Yatbox5
Yatbox5

Back to top Go down

What do you like/dislike about the game? Empty Re: What do you like/dislike about the game?

Post  greggfrog Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:22 am

Yatbox5 wrote:I agree with Gregg....was just wondering whether the pests on the crops could be seasonal? That way, when we deal with the crop, maybe that bug that we encountered could be logged in the book along with the fish. One of the nice things about Animal Crossing was you could develop the museum and donate items you collect....fish, fossils and insects. Are the fish seasonal that are available to catch or does it just depend on the fishing rod upgrades?
Also, because of the loading time between entering and leaving the houses, I tend not to bother. Therefore, I manage my farm without the price listing because I find the effort of checking prices more tiresome then running the risk of selling the items at a low price. I don't even go to sleep at my house, I just run the character until 10pm (sleep time) and then start again when it's 7am and I walk away from my front door. Is there anything that can be done to reduce the load time or make the prices more easily available?
On the other hand, I am loving what you have done with it and I find it really great to play and discovering the characters in the crater.
Oh and finally, is there anyway that we don't have to carry our spade around with us at all times. I don't use it that regularly and it takes up a valuable slot.

I'm glad I am agreed with, it has to be in one of the next two/three updates - the sooner the better, because it means the app is then launched into a wider market - you get: Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, Futurama and Farmville Fans - as well as fans of Tag Games. Then you get fans of places like Touch Arcade, Pocket Gamer, The 3 App Migos etc. Then, by adding this feature of visiting each others craters there is another DLC option (if you have to, charge us to use this feature, a once payment for the use of visiting each other?) you get fans of very detailed social environments and friend connectivity!!!

greggfrog

Back to top Go down

What do you like/dislike about the game? Empty Re: What do you like/dislike about the game?

Post  chanandler Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:59 am

This is what I would like to see (after playing for about 2 hours so far):

1. A way of checking prices at the deposit point.
2. A timer for things like the pest sprays etc so I can see how long I have left before it runs out.
3. Zoom in and out function to get a better view of the world depending on what I am doing.
4. Easier way to see the current season for planting decisions.
5. A drag to 'water, feed, plough etc' option for covering larger areas in one swipe.
6. More help and tutorials. I still don't know how to fish or where to look for bits of the rocket or what to do with the guy in the cave etc.
7. Custom soundtracks so I can listen to my own music while playing.
8. In-game news feed with latest news etc.
9. In-game chat feature to chat with other players online leading to...
10. Ability to visit other players or invite friends over.
11. More relaxing games to play like the gold panning and fishing (if I ever figure out how to do it lol).

Thats about it for now lol, but I will update with more as I think of them.
chanandler
chanandler

Back to top Go down

Post  greggfrog Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:01 pm

chanandler wrote:This is what I would like to see (after playing for about 2 hours so far):

1. A way of checking prices at the deposit point.
2. A timer for things like the pest sprays etc so I can see how long I have left before it runs out.
3. Zoom in and out function to get a better view of the world depending on what I am doing.
5. A drag to 'water, feed, plough etc' option for covering larger areas in one swipe.
6. More help and tutorials. I still don't know how to fish or where to look for bits of the rocket or what to do with the guy in the cave etc.
7. Custom soundtracks so I can listen to my own music while playing.
9. In-game chat feature to chat with other players online leading to...
10. Ability to visit other players or invite friends over.
11. More relaxing games to play like the gold panning and fishing (if I ever figure out how to do it lol).

Thats about it for now lol, but I will update with more as I think of them.

Good, so you agree with me to, we need to be able to visit each other right?

greggfrog

Back to top Go down

Post  chanandler Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:04 pm

Definitely, that would be a great feature for swapping stuff, buying and selling, helping out around the place etc or just to sit and chill with your friends.....
chanandler
chanandler

Back to top Go down

Post  greggfrog Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:14 pm

chanandler wrote:Definitely, that would be a great feature for swapping stuff, buying and selling, helping out around the place etc or just to sit and chill with your friends.....

Well there you go Tag Games, thats what people want, need, require - next update please!

greggfrog

Back to top Go down

Post  L@Tag Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:49 pm

[quote=\"chanandler\"]This is what I would like to see (after playing for about 2 hours so far):

5. A drag to \'water, feed, plough etc\' option for covering larger areas in one swipe.
8. In-game news feed with latest news etc.[/quote]

Some of these exist already I think! Smile

-Zoom in and out is I believe working for an upcoming update

-There is a little icon on your clock that tells you the season - a sun and raincloud for spring, sun on its own for summer, an orange leaf for autumn, and a snowflake for winter

-If you tap once on your inventory item you\'ll get a blue highlight around the icon, then drag your finger along the squares you want to \'multiselect\'. You should see a green highlight as it selects them, and then you can confirm or cancel your selection to set Sindy/Max off doing more than one square at a time.

-There is a newspaper in your mailbox, but it\'s mostly for silly headlines. What sort of news did you mean?

Where are you up to with the fishing? The Mayor does give a little tutorial when you buy your first rod but I think you need to follow him to get it.

Thanks for the suggestions, glad you\'re enjoying the game Very Happy!

Last edited by L@Tag on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
L@Tag
L@Tag
Tag Staff

http://www.voodoobeans.org

Back to top Go down

Post  greggfrog Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:53 pm

L@Tag wrote:
chanandler wrote:This is what I would like to see (after playing for about 2 hours so far):

Some of these exist already I think! Smile

-Zoom in and out is I believe working for an upcoming update

-There is a little icon on your clock that tells you the season - a sun and raincloud for spring, sun on its own for summer, an orange leaf for autumn, and a snowflake for winter

-If you tap once on your inventory item you'll get a blue highlight around the icon, then drag your finger along the squares you want to 'multiselect'. You should see a green highlight as it selects them, and then you can confirm or cancel your selection to set Sindy/Max off doing more than one square at a time.

-There is a newspaper in your mailbox, but it's mostly for silly headlines. What sort of news did you mean?

L@Tag, what about visiting friends craters over WiFi or Bluetooth, please just say its in the workings or at least being considered for one of the next few updates!

greggfrog

Back to top Go down

Post  L@Tag Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:55 pm

That I have no power to confirm nor deny, unfortunately! Maybe Paul will have the answer!
L@Tag
L@Tag
Tag Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  greggfrog Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:56 pm

L@Tag wrote:That I have no power to confirm nor deny, unfortunately! Maybe Paul will have the answer!

Aww, spoil sport! Lol Paul, please post the answer - don't leave us in the dark ¬¬ lol

greggfrog

Back to top Go down

Post  L@Tag Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:31 pm

haha sorry, I'd be the last to know anyway, my involvement in such a thing would extend to making the menu for it Very Happy
L@Tag
L@Tag
Tag Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  greggfrog Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:36 pm

L@Tag wrote:haha sorry, I'd be the last to know anyway, my involvement in such a thing would extend to making the menu for it Very Happy

can you ask him for me? Make a great menu though! Lol

greggfrog

Back to top Go down

Post  snow_mani Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:55 pm

I'd like the following changes:

* I'd like to be able to sell the watering can. I have sprinklers so it is redundant and just takes up one of the valuable inventory or barn slots. I could always repurchase it from the store if needed.

* Store the spade in the barn.

* I'd like the pet "to last for longer" and I'd like a kennel and a toy to throw to it. You could even make a mini game out of it.

* Some more items to decorate my ranch. I'm enjoying trading and then planting different trees and shrubs. So some new varieties would be good. Maybe as a reward for completing mini tasks or mini quests? Some lamp posts to light the path at night and maybe a park bench for Sindy/Max to sit on?

snow_mani

Back to top Go down

Post  Yatbox5 Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:52 pm

L@Tag wrote:[quote=\"chanandler\"]This is what I would like to see (after playing for about 2 hours so far):

-There is a newspaper in your mailbox, but it\'s mostly for silly headlines. What sort of news did you mean?

Where are you up to with the fishing? The Mayor does give a little tutorial when you buy your first rod but I think you need to follow him to get it.

Thanks for the suggestions, glad you\'re enjoying the game Very Happy!

1.: newspaper - I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but my headlines have disappeared. Haven't had one since the update.

2.: Fishing - I actually didn't find the Mayor that useful when it came to the little tutorial. There is a definite knack to the fishing and gold panning. You should check out the FAQs on the TAG facebook page. Flick the ipod/phone to hook the fish and then you can spin the reel quite fast without running into the red, just do fast complete circles and then stop when it gets near the red, it will drop back down to the green and then start again.
Yatbox5
Yatbox5

Back to top Go down

Post  chanandler Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:47 am

Can we have a way to stop the video playing every time the game launches please? Smile

Thanks for the answers to the questions above as well, it's all making a bit more sense now. As for the fishing, only just figured out where the rod seller was Smile

Oh and I love the game btw, I even stumped up the £9.99 for 20k's worth of chips which is something I would have never done in a game before!

Last edited by chanandler on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
chanandler
chanandler

Back to top Go down

Post  Bogucci Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:18 am

@Yatbox5
Thanks.
I've been fishing for days, to no avail. Same goes for the gold panning.

Bogucci

Back to top Go down

Post  Yatbox5 Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:30 pm

snow_mani wrote:I'd like the following changes:

* I'd like to be able to sell the watering can. I have sprinklers so it is redundant and just takes up one of the valuable inventory or barn slots. I could always repurchase it from the store if needed.

* Store the spade in the barn.

* I'd like the pet "to last for longer" and I'd like a kennel and a toy to throw to it. You could even make a mini game out of it.

* Some more items to decorate my ranch. I'm enjoying trading and then planting different trees and shrubs. So some new varieties would be good. Maybe as a reward for completing mini tasks or mini quests? Some lamp posts to light the path at night and maybe a park bench for Sindy/Max to sit on?

I agree with Snow_mani, it would be great if we could sell the watering can. I no longer use it.
I love the idea of lamp posts to light the path at night. It gets really dark esp. if you like me turn the brightness down on my ipod so my battery lasts longer so I can play astroranch for longer.
Very Happy

Last edited by Yatbox5 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad spelling)
Yatbox5
Yatbox5

Back to top Go down

What do you like/dislike about the game? Empty Encyclopedia

Post  songbird Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:38 pm

Could a detailed encyclopedia be added into the game? I find myself getting lost and although I know that most of the answers are probably on the Toucharcade forum, I don't really have the wifi to read it while I am playing. Please consider this.

songbird

Back to top Go down

Post  joannabella88 Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:54 am

Very Happy i think the astro ranch upgrade is popular in cor paniton alien

joannabella88

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down