Official Astro Ranch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Few Glitches and Observations

+2
greggfrog
Flin
6 posters

Go down

Few Glitches and Observations Empty Few Glitches and Observations

Post  Flin Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:05 pm

With store purchases (feed, seeds.... etc) you can only hold a max of 99 items of the same type, however if I have 50 items already I can still purchase say another 90 from the store (total 140) but anything over the 99 limit is lost. You should not be able to purchase any more items once your personal inventory reaches 99.

None of the 7 day purchases last for 7 days, I have had Hufflo that I have had to bulk vaccinate 3 times and they are only 7 days old, the same with pest control and pen cleaning services.

With the one shot animal vaccination health will improve by 10 points when used, with the 7 day vaccination health does not improve.

Storing crops in the barn is like Russian Roulette. Some just disappear and once I had 168 Blusho before the end of the day and then next morning was a change of season and they had turned into 12 Pods. I have never grown Pods!!

Once I had a crop harvested and laying in the field and I went to the computer to check the prices to see if I would store them or sell them and when I came out of the house they were gone. I can understand losing them if I go to sleep but they should not disappear just from entering the house.

I always farm 18 Hufflo at a time which I generally keep for 10 days then sell, I have had some I have kept up to 15 days and one pair I kept for 20 days. I have also lost all 18 at once at 7 days old. At 10pm they were all healthy and well fed and the next second at 7am they were all dead. This has happened twice. Why???

Currently at level 10, have just under $1,000,000 chips, can't level up any more can't upgrade farm anymore. How about expanding the levels and upgrades.

Flin

Back to top Go down

Few Glitches and Observations Empty Re: Few Glitches and Observations

Post  Flin Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:57 am

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't crack a million, it only goes to 999,999.

Few Glitches and Observations Img0105

Flin

Back to top Go down

Post  greggfrog Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:33 am

Flin wrote:AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't crack a million, it only goes to 999,999.

Few Glitches and Observations Img0105

Wow, avid player, maybe we could trade items? Add me - Greggfrog

greggfrog

Back to top Go down

Post  chanandler Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:41 am

999,999??? LOL!

I've only made it to 25k and I bought 20k of that Very Happy
chanandler
chanandler

Back to top Go down

Post  greggfrog Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:42 am

chanandler wrote:999,999??? LOL!

I've only made it to 25k and I bought 20k of that Very Happy

About the same lol

greggfrog

Back to top Go down

Few Glitches and Observations Empty Bug report

Post  Flin Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:58 am

Having maxed out game stats in slot 1 I started a new game in slot 2 but it crashes every time I try to enter the house.

Flin

Back to top Go down

Post  greggfrog Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:00 am

Flin wrote:Having maxed out game stats in slot 1 I started a new game in slot 2 but it crashes every time I try to enter the house.

Thats a bug that Tag are aware of, full game features are only available in slot 1, want to trade or chat over post on Astro Ranch?

greggfrog

Back to top Go down

Post  L@Tag Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:26 am

Wow! Colour me impressed oO -- how did you get up to that level so quickly?

According to our bearded Astro Ranch guru the item bug has already been addressed, I'll make sure they know about the others Smile
L@Tag
L@Tag
Tag Staff

http://www.voodoobeans.org

Back to top Go down

Post  greggfrog Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:29 am

L@Tag wrote:Wow! Colour me impressed oO -- how did you get up to that level so quickly?

According to our bearded Astro Ranch guru the item bug has already been addressed, I'll make sure they know about the others Smile

It's amazing isn't it??!?!? That much so quickly - all I can say is he must have spent about $100 on DLC downloads at least - and thats only to get the money, the levels, well I'm only level 7 Sad lol

greggfrog

Back to top Go down

Post  Flin Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Did not buy a thing, currently at 224 days, once I got my farms final layout with 9 Hufflo pens and 144 Kone plots I was making aprox $120,000- $150,000 every 8-10 days depending on season and I still found time to fish and prospect.

Wanted to give away my fortune last night but mailbox kept crashing the game every time I tried to add a friend.

A few other things I have noticed, rocket parts keep disappearing, yesterday I had all 10 today I only have 8 but other parts have disappeared before as well. By the way what if anything happens when you collect all the parts? There should also be some sort of popup message or inventory item when you discover a rocket part. At the moment there is nothing you dig up a box, it disappears and there is nothing to show what it was or where it went. Took me ages before I realized what was happening.

Same when hitting a snake with your hammer you never know if you hit it or what, should be some snake squashing sound effect like a hiss or a rattle or something.

Also when collecting taxes for the Mayor, when I called on the first person (sheriff) for his taxes my personal inventory was full as I had been fishing. Now I can not complete the task because his were collected but not stored so I am one short. There needs to be a full inventory warning for this.

Another is the Mayor wanted me to stash his moonshine in my barn to hide it from the sheriff which I agreed to. He said he would reward me if it was not discovered, 2 days later it was gone from the barn but I don't know what happened to it, did the mayor collect it or did the sheriff find it?

Flin

Back to top Go down

Post  Flin Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Just thinking a full game stats page would be nice, I have pulled down and rebuilt parts of my farm several times to perfect it, it would be great if there was a running total of how much I have earned, what I have bought, how many crops, animals I have farmed, what they have returned. How long I have played etc.

Flin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yatbox5 Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:42 pm

Flin wrote:Did not buy a thing, currently at 224 days, once I got my farms final layout with 9 Hufflo pens and 144 Kone plots I was making aprox $120,000- $150,000 every 8-10 days depending on season and I still found time to fish and prospect.

Wanted to give away my fortune last night but mailbox kept crashing the game every time I tried to add a friend.

A few other things I have noticed, rocket parts keep disappearing, yesterday I had all 10 today I only have 8 but other parts have disappeared before as well. By the way what if anything happens when you collect all the parts? There should also be some sort of popup message or inventory item when you discover a rocket part. At the moment there is nothing you dig up a box, it disappears and there is nothing to show what it was or where it went. Took me ages before I realized what was happening.

Same when hitting a snake with your hammer you never know if you hit it or what, should be some snake squashing sound effect like a hiss or a rattle or something.

Also when collecting taxes for the Mayor, when I called on the first person (sheriff) for his taxes my personal inventory was full as I had been fishing. Now I can not complete the task because his were collected but not stored so I am one short. There needs to be a full inventory warning for this.

Another is the Mayor wanted me to stash his moonshine in my barn to hide it from the sheriff which I agreed to. He said he would reward me if it was not discovered, 2 days later it was gone from the barn but I don't know what happened to it, did the mayor collect it or did the sheriff find it?

Firstly Flin - WOW!!! That is mightily impressive. I think I am going to have to change my strategy. I am only level 8 and the most I have had sitting around is 27,000 chips.

I agree, re: the snake. you never know if you have successfully hit it. Only the first time when it told me I had.

The mayor never collected taxes on my second year. Not that I am complaining, saved me annoying the locals.

Can anyone tell me how to collect rocket parts? Do we have to randomly dig up patches of earth? Also, someone mentioned a while back on fb that there is a mini quest under the waterfall. Don't know what that is?

Finally, the villagers sometimes tell me 'I want fish', does this mean they want fish and I should give them some that I have caught? I have tried to do this but it doesn't seem to work. (I drag the fish icon over the villager). Or is the villager just making conversation?
Yatbox5
Yatbox5

Back to top Go down

Post  Flin Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:05 pm

For the rocket parts the professor gave me a metal detector, not sure when it was but you find the rocket parts with that as well as gold nuggets and old boots which you can sell..

Re "I want fish", when this happens go and see exi at the waterfall and she will give you a task to catch a specific fish for that crater dwellers and deliver it by the end of the day. There are 5 fishing points, the barn side opposite the waterfall, the waterfall, the jetty, the bridge to the lighthouse, and the gold panning spot. Different fish are caught at each of these places.

Hope that helps.

Flin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yatbox5 Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:50 pm

Flin wrote:For the rocket parts the professor gave me a metal detector, not sure when it was but you find the rocket parts with that as well as gold nuggets and old boots which you can sell..

Re "I want fish", when this happens go and see exi at the waterfall and she will give you a task to catch a specific fish for that crater dwellers and deliver it by the end of the day. There are 5 fishing points, the barn side opposite the waterfall, the waterfall, the jetty, the bridge to the lighthouse, and the gold panning spot. Different fish are caught at each of these places.

Hope that helps.

Cool, thanx that is sooo useful. That's cheered me up as I have just lost 117 cones from the shed. I was about to cash them in and poof! All gone. I nearly cried. I also had 6 huffalos just die on me at day 8 the other day. They were all fine and dandy and then gone when I woke up the next morning. Seriously putting me back in my plan to get to a million chips. I am going for your strategy of cones and huffalos and it would work if things didn't keep disappearing.

So with the professor do I just keep talking to him until I get the metal detector?

Also, when you are playing do you hear a tick tick boom in the background? (I have turned the music off - too annoying). I first thought it was crops dying but when I check everything seems to be ok.
Yatbox5
Yatbox5

Back to top Go down

Post  Flin Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:48 pm

LOL, The tick tick boom is the cannon being fired at 12 Noon. At one point I thought I was going mad as I kept hearing what sounded like children going NEE NAH, NEE NAH, NEE NAH..... or something, like a siren noise that seemed to move as I walked around and finally noticed it was the electronic scarepests I had set up around my Huffalo pens going off.

Re the prof yeah just keep talking to him every now and then, but I am not sure if it was on the farm or inside his cave where he gave it to me so visit him at home occasionally as well.

Flin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yatbox5 Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:15 am

Flin wrote:LOL, The tick tick boom is the cannon being fired at 12 Noon. At one point I thought I was going mad as I kept hearing what sounded like children going NEE NAH, NEE NAH, NEE NAH..... or something, like a siren noise that seemed to move as I walked around and finally noticed it was the electronic scarepests I had set up around my Huffalo pens going off.

Re the prof yeah just keep talking to him every now and then, but I am not sure if it was on the farm or inside his cave where he gave it to me so visit him at home occasionally as well.

Oh well that makes a lot of sense. I thought I was going mad or that the huffalos just made a really odd noise. Oh I thought the scare crows were for crops. Going to move them across to the huffalos and then I can hear the nee nah noise :-)

Since I started fishing else where I had started to catch different fish. Result! Smile
Yatbox5
Yatbox5

Back to top Go down

Post  roryanimates Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:49 am

have you guys had any success with the clue hunting task the sheriff has given you? I have the magnifying glass, and have looked for clues, but havent had any luck and dont really know what to do next, any input would be great thank!
in game username roryanimates- see you in astro ranch!

roryanimates

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum